Wednesday 5 December 2012

Devil in the Detail by Ed James (a review)

The second of the Scott Cullen mysteries, this story takes place about 6 months after the events in the 1st book, Ghost in the Machine. The story takes place over 2 days and so has a more tight feeling than the previous outing.

The main crux of the story revolves around the search for the killer of a mentally challenged 13 year old girl whose body is found early morning by a woman walking her dogs. The main suspect, local bad boy Jamie Cook, is nowhere to be found. The parents of the dead girl, and several of their friends are members of a newly set up 'church' and this lends a slightly sinister air to proceedings at times. I'll be honest and say I thought I had it all sussed out fairly early on - but I was very wrong!

The story brings back many of the characters from the 1st book as well as introducing more that I hope we have not seen the last of.This is a series that is going from strength to strength and I eagerly await my next visit with the officers of Leith Walk Police Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment