Monday 21 June 2021

Wolfe Trap by Matt Cost

 


Clay Wolfe leaves Boston, where he was a Homicide cop to return home to Maine, where he can look after his grandfather and set up a little detective agency. Definitely an easier life... 

*Dude, don't do it!!! You know these things never turn out well *

Anyhow, before too long Wolfe is looking into a new case - find out who supplied the drugs that led to the death of a six month old baby. Before long he is up to his neck in dealers, gangland bosses - basically all the evil you can throw at him... 

*See, I told you it never turns out the way you hope*

This was a cracking read that passed by much quicker than I would have expected (gone in two sittings). The setting of small town Maine worked well for me and, with the depth of the back cast I can see this becoming a popular series. 

Certainly worth a look 4/5*


Thanks as always to Anne Cater for inviting me onto the tour 



1 comment: