Thursday 13 October 2016

Requesting Reviews

As a general rule, over the last few years the books I have reviewed on here have been just books I have chosen to read myself and blog about. A few have been requests for reviews but I guess I've been a bit like The A-Team - "If you want to request a review and if you know where to find me........"

So, on that note, maybe it is time to make things a bit easier. If you have a book you would like reviewing the options are;

1) Just ask me here on the blog,
2) Send me an email at andyangel44@gmail.com or,
3) Message me on Twitter (@andyangel44)

I can also be found on Facebook as Andrew Angel (personal page) or Andy Ebookwyrm Angel (blog page) - review links are posted on both as well as Amazon (.com and .co,uk) and Goodreads. If you want links posting elsewhere just let me know

I tend to be open to most subjects but my main leaning is towards Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Crime Fiction (although I have reviewed books for infants, Regency Romance and even a book on building houses for cats, so anything is open to consideration.
I am happy to receive books in both e-book and physical forms. E-books are easier to send but physical books allow other people to see what I am reading and are therefore better as adverts for the author and the publisher.

If this interests you please feel free to get in touch, also, feel free to pass this on to others

And before anyone asks I'll point out that I don't charge for reviews. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you like the review and want to do something nice drop a couple of coins in a deserving charity box - that'd be nice

Thanks for reading

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Andrew
    I have a new novel coming out very soon and am looking for new reviewers. It is the second full length novel in a series and, although those who have already reviewed the first novel, and the anthology, are eager to read and review the newest one coming out, having a review by someone who has yet to read anything in the series helps.
    If this seems a strange request - it isn't. I write the books so that they do not have to be read in order. I hate finding a book that looks enjoyable but realize I'm holding book 2 of 4 and the others are nowhere to be found. So although the reading experience might be enriched by reading them in order, it is certainly not required.
    Here is the Blurb
    ' For Jonathan Alvey, going cold turkey is hell, but no one said giving up magic was easy. A simple adultery case seemed like a good distraction – until the case turned anything but simple. As if withdrawals, murder, theft, and a mistake-ridden grimoire weren’t bad enough, a blossoming necromancer might prove more than a paranormal private investigator can handle. '

    If this interests you at all, I would be gratefully if you could read and review the novel. I have no deadline, no demands. I know reviewers do this on their time, for the love of it, and I appreciate every one who has ever taken their time to help me out.
    If you don't think this is a book you'd like to read, or review, I more than understand that you have to make choices based on your tastes.

    Attachied are links to the previous two books on Goodreads should you wish to check out the series further.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22398574-tomorrow-wendell
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25002760-blondes-books-and-bourbon

    Thank You for considering my request.
    R. M. Ridley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew,
    I hope you haven't been to inundated with requests!

    Please would you consider reviewing my book, Who killed Vivien Morse? Although my books are often called Crime Thrillers or Cozies my aim is to write traditional Mysteries set in contemporary, rural England. My books are also known for memorable characters and moments of dark humour to lighten the tone.
    Who killed Vivien Morse? by Diana J Febry
    Published by Wingsepress
    Rural detective mystery based in SW England.
    185 pages Blurb - Vivien Morse, a young social worker is discovered battered to death in Silver Lady Woods. Everyone assumes she was attacked by her estranged husband until her supervisor disappears. The connection appears to be Vivien’s last client. A damaged and disturbed girl who believes a bundle of rags is her lost baby and never leaves the family farm while she awaits the return of her lover.
    Amazon link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Killed-Vivien-Morse-Hatherall-Book-ebook/dp/B01HT3MSRI/ and https://www.amazon.com/Killed-Vivien-Morse-Hatherall-Book-ebook/dp/B01HT3MSRI/
    I can provide a mobi copy.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete