Monday 15 June 2020

No Time To Cry (DC Constance Fair child) bk 1 by James Oswald

Oswald's best yet


I've been reading James Oswald's other series ,The Inspector McLean books, over the last month and thoroughly enjoyed them. This, the first in a new series, is next level stuff though.

When Con Fairchild is suspended after her boss is killed when an undercover op goes wrong things feel bad enough. No one in her department trusts her anymore. A chance meeting with an old friend leads Con to investigate the disappearance of her sister and things go from bad to worse - hitmen, corruption, paedophiles. It takes all Con has got and then a bit more to sort all this out.

And there's a crossover from the McLean books that made me smile a lot more than I expected.

I was going to give this a 4* rating as I'm expecting the next book to be even better but this is just so good it deserves, in my opinion, the whole 5

Highly recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment