Wednesday 21 December 2011

Cadence of the Undead by Christopher L Beck

The Zombie Apocalypse as it should be done. This cracking story focuses mainly on two families, the Griners (James and Stephanie) and an old couple, the Ewings (Oris and his wife Margie who has cancer). The writer does a very good job of giving two different viewpoints for the two families so it feels like two stories intertwined.
The suspense as you are taken from "there's a zombie apocalypse happening" to the actual zombies arriving is masterful. I really felt I cared what happened to these characters (especially the old couple) and the end of the story stopped me in my tracks - brilliant.
I have reviewed other books for this author and this one is by far and away the best (although the others are very good too!!).
More of this authors work will follow

No comments:

Post a Comment