Sunday 4 February 2018

Toys Talking by Leanne Shapton

I'm often on the lookout for books for my littlest niece and, at first glance this would have been ideal. The premise is simple enough - on one side of the page is a (rather lovely) drawing of a child's toy and on the other is what, I guess, is what the author imagines the toy is thinking.

A lovely idea, but on reading I feel the book would be better titled 'Your Toys Are Depressed And On The Verge Of Forming A Suicide Death Cult'

Seriously, I could not believe what I was reading, it was terrible. No child should think their precious toys could think like this.

A terrible book that is only saved by the illustrations - 1/5* (and you can take that as 1 out of 5 stars or 1 fifth of a star both would be fair)

No comments:

Post a Comment