Monday 5 May 2014

Rom Zom Com - a review

I'll be honest, I was starting to believe the zombie genre had been done to death. What it was really missing was a different angle, something to make things fun again.....and then this little gem from Knightwatch Press dropped into my inbox. Things are looking up.

What we have here is a collection of 12 stories that add a new section to the genre - the ROMantic ZOMbie COMedy. It starts with Generation Z - where Wes is made an offer but can anything (or anyone!) convince him to 'sign on the dotted line'?

I'm not going to go through every story - that'd be unfair to you, the reader, I don;t want to spoil things for you, but I will mention a couple of my favourites, namely 'The Ardent Dead', featuring a different take on zombies (they don't want to eat your brains they want to hump them out) and the question of what would you do for a loved one that's been turned, and Family Life, which is exactly what it says - a tale of undead family life...with a twist.

Basically, what you have here is everything you would expect from a RomCom - but with added zombies. Really, you can't go wrong.

Great fun - 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment